Practical Efficiency & Maximized ROI
Prudential Energy has developed a practical energy efficiency program, focused on alleviating the capex bottlenecks associated with efficiency upgrades.
As a high-level decision maker or facility manager, do the following thoughts cross your mind when the “energy efficiency” topic surfaces:
- We simply do not have the upfront capital in our budget this year. EE will be capital intensive.
- It will be difficult to source a firm that can provide us an unbiased facility efficiency audit.
- How do we know if we’re getting the best “bang for the buck” for the technology being installed?
- The contractors will be unreliable. We don’t want to deal with the headache.
- How will I know if my facility is saving as much as promised after EE implementation?
Prudential Energy has developed a practical energy efficiency program, focused on alleviating the common corporate bottlenecks associated with efficiency upgrades. Our value-add energy efficiency services reduce and sometimes eliminate 100% of the upfront capital associated with efficiency upgrades. We will provide you with end-to-end guidance: removing capital expenditure barriers upfront and measuring ongoing post implementation savings.
Upfront Capital Avoidance
No more delaying efficiency projects due to Capex hurdles
In the 20 years we’ve advised organizations on reducing operating capital, we’ve also listened to our clients. Hands down, the #1 reason large organizations procrastinate on energy efficiency deployment is the “upfront capital barrier”. Working as an extension of our clients’ energy management team, we understand budgetary constraints and capital allocation road-blocks. That’s why we’ve developed prudent upfront capital solutions, turning the ‘impossible” into “ACHIEVABLE”.
Our upfront capital avoidance solutions include:
- Upgrade to Save Program: Avoid 100% upfront capital expenditure for qualified projects. Once an Energy as a Service (EaaS) in place, Prudential Energy will utilize internal/external financing to cover the upfront capital associated with your project. This is a shared savings model that eliminates performance risk. The provider pays for the development, construction and maintenance costs. After implementation, the project is paid off through actual energy savings.
Benefits: No upfront capital, Transferred risk, Pay for performance, Off-balance sheet treatment, ongoing maintenance and monitoring
- Energy Supplier Financing: This option also allows you to avoid upfront capital required for your efficiency upgrades. Prudential Energy has developed strategic funding programs through energy providers. You would qualify for this program, as long as any of your facilities are located in deregulated markets. By executing a supply agreement with the energy provider, the energy provider agrees to pay for the upfront improvement costs. The cost of the project would be rolled into your contracted rate or monthly charges. Often, the monthly achieved savings offset the billed efficiency cost. Also, depending on the scenario, efficiency upgrades could be installed immediately, and payments differed for up to 2 years. This perk could significantly improve your efficiency upgrade ROI.
Benefits: No-upfront cost, On bill financing, cost offset by reduction in usage, Differed payments, Hidden ROI
Strategic Planning & Facility Audit
Prudential Energy’s practical energy efficiency approach is designed to meet your organization’s needs.
Prudential Energy’s practical energy efficiency approach is designed to meet your organization’s needs. We will conduct an initial assessment to come up with a strategic approach to maximize savings at one site or across your entire portfolio. Thereafter, a facility audit is conducted to gather facility/equipment data and panel layouts.
A comprehensive facility audit is the key to developing an effective energy conservation program. Although energy audits have various degrees of complexity and can vary widely from one organization to another, every audit typically involves:
- Data collection and review
- Facility surveys and system measurements
- Observation and review of operating practices
- In-depth data analysis
At the facility-level, Prudential Energy’s practical energy efficiency program kicks off with a comprehensive facility audit. See if your operation qualifies for a no-obligation efficiency audit.
Maximizing Incentives & Rebates
Prudential Energy’s national utility rebate and incentive program delivers leveraged value to our clients. Incentives are key to driving down upfront capital expenditure associated with energy efficiency upgrades. This makes the project low risk and increases returns.
Most of our clients have a national footprint. With our constantly updating national incentive/rebates database and software, Prudential Energy can easily determine which facilities to pilot with the highest ROIs.
In working with national utilities and ongoingly reviewing new and changing incentive programs, we’re able to assist you in developing a scaled energy efficiency roadmap with a focus on economics.
Many of our service providers are approved utility trade allies with access to additional incentives. Our number goal is to maximize our clients’ incentive dollars.
National Utility Incentive/Rebate Database
Implementation & Savings Measurement
Prudential Energy offers a turn-key project implementation solution. We streamline the facility upgrading process and provide you with the tools to measure and verify post-project energy savings.
Prudential Energy has established relationships with pre-qualified technology companies, suppliers and efficiency firms. Our vetted approach reduces associated risk and incorporates expert planning & seamless project implementation. Once the project is completed, installation will be reviewed with your team to ensure all expectations are met.
Savings Measurement & Verification
Once project installation is complete, energy savings will be measured by dedicated system meters where applicable. These meters precisely measure the power saved via the efficiency upgrades. You will have online access to this savings data via our Prudential360 energy intelligence platform.
Prudential Energy is a data-driven energy advisory firm with an ongoing commitment to delivering on promised savings and proactively adding value.
Sign up for the Prudential Energy weekly newsletter below: